Serving our community for over 30 years.
Aberfoyle Park SA 5159
Five tips to stay healthy during the holidays
The festive season tends to start earlier every year with lunches, dinners, travel, and get-togethers galore.
It’s important to remain healthy during this time with some important tips:
- If travelling on a plane, train or bus, stay well by wiping down surfaces including armrests, tray table and latch, air vents, and seatbelt buckle. You want to remain germ-free during your travels.
- Stay hydrated. An extra alcoholic beverage here and there can make you more susceptible to dehydration, so it’s important to have a glass of water between drinks.
- Eat mindfully. Enjoy the delicious food during the festive season, but try not to go overboard. A great tip is to not head to a party on an empty stomach as it makes you prone to overeating.
- It’s all about balance. With just a few small tweaks, you can still enjoy your favourite holiday foods without worrying about the extra padding. Where possible, load up on plenty of fruits and vegetables and even incorporate a healthy smoothie for breakfast or a snack.
- Plan well. Just because it’s Christmas, it doesn’t mean that you should stop exercising. Keep your body moving, and if need be, plan your workouts ahead of time so you can still maintain a level of fitness between all the social gatherings.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly staff or book an appointment with your doctor.